Wednesday, July 1, 2009

COVER LETTER


IN RESPONSE TO AN ADVERTISED OPENING
Your recent ad, expressing a need for an experienced stock clerk, has come to my attention. I'd like very much to get together with you at your earliest convenience to discuss my qualifications for this position.

 With hopes for such a meeting in mind, I'm enclosing a copy of my resume for your information and consideration.

 I assure you that I am experienced, learn very quickly, and am adaptable to new methods of operation. I have heard favorable comments about your company as the place for one with ambitions for growth and self-improvement .

 I'm available to come in and meet with you at your convenience and can begin work immediately.

 Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. A call from you will be most welcome and appreciated.

Sincerely yours,




/s/ Your signature
Your Typed Name
(123) 456-7890



 COVER LETTER
FOR THE SHOT-GUN APPROACH WHERE NO KNOWN OPENING EXISTS



 As a salesman, I have ambitions to improve my status in life.

 Your company's reputation as a leader in the publishing of educational materials impresses me, and I would like to explore the possibilities of becoming a part of your sales force.

 I'm currently a top-producing salesman, but feel stymied with my present employment. I think I could do much better with a company receptive to innovative ideas and energetic people such as myself.

 Could we get together and discuss the possibilities of my joining your organization in some capacity that would utilize my abilities to a greater extent, and at the same time benefit your company?

 I will be free from 10 o'clock on, next Tuesday, the 27th. Please give me a call at (123) 456-7890.

 Thank you! I am looking forward to meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment